Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Quick. Easy. 20 min healthy dinner

This is a post SHARED from my facebook page www.facebook.com/HeatherFitspiration

If you saw my original post .. I was unprepared today & threw this together. I was not sure what to do with the box of noodles that I had in my pantry. I had never cooked Maifun noodles before, and was afraid they wouldn't taste good. Boy was I wrong! Those little bad boys are delicious and very filling!

In my pan I sautéed Portabella mushrooms, medium size frozen shrimp, bag of frozen broccoli and cauliflower in coconut oil. I was out of olive oil.. My go to staple for sautéing my veggies.

The coconut oil does not make your food taste like coconut I promise 

While everything was sautéing I let my pot of water start to boil and I dropped in the bag of maifun noodles. I let them cook for 4 minutes and then I removed and rinsed with cold water as directed.

My veggies tasted a little bland so I added some sea salt, pepper, and poured a little red wine over it. MMM that's when it started to smell GOOD.

I measured out 3/4 cup of the noodles ( my serving) and tossed into the pan and let it cook for a few minutes with the veggies and red wine.

I would say my serving was about 3/4 cup of veggies and the noodles. I could barely finish .. I got full fast.

I'm putting the rest in the fridge and now I have lunch for tomorrow 

The hubby & kids are not here.. Too bad they missed out on mommy's yummy dinner!

What did you eat for dinner tonight?




No comments:

Post a Comment